Chapter officers serve a vital function in FFA. By taking a major leadership role, these students grow from the experience and benefit the chapter. It should be the officers’ goal to lead by example and encourage other members to participate in chapter activities. The following are general duties expected of all officers.
- A genuine desire to be a part of a leadership team.
- A willingness to accept responsibility.
- A sincere desire to work with all chapter members in meeting their leadership, personal and chapter goals.
- A commitment to lead by example.
- A knowledge and understanding of the chapter, state and national FFA constitutions, bylaws and programs.
- A working knowledge of parliamentary procedure.
- An ability to memorize and recite their parts in the official ceremonies.
Officer applications are available on the FFA bulletin board and below. Applications are due to Ms. Claflin on Thursday, April 17.